Thursday, July 26, 2012

Phase 2

Although I am still gladly accepting all donations of 4 patches, I am realizing that I need to shift my focus to the materials I need to finish the many quilts that these blocks will create.

On Saturday I am going to a quilt show/craft show, where I will have a booth to promote 4Patches4Hope and sell some small handcrafted items to help raise funds for batting, backing and thread supplies.

At that time, I am also debuting a quilt sponsorship form, which will allow anyone (including any of you) to dedicate a quilt in honor or in memory of anyone.  I will take that information and incorporate it into the label that goes on the finished quilt.  Sponsorships are $20 per quilt, and can be in the form of checks (made out to Regina Arlauckas) or $20 JoAnn's gift cards.  I can also take PayPal - and you can contact me if you wish to pursue that option.

If you would rather donate backings, I am looking for 2 yard pieces of 44" wide fabrics (or wider).  At this time, it is easier for me to purchase batting myself as storing odds and ends of batting is not feasable.

Please note that I am not a registered charity, so these cannot count as tax deductions.  I can only promise to use any funds in the most economical and frugal way possible, and to direct them all to materials for these quilts.

Thanks.

2 comments:

  1. If you send me tops, I can supply backing and batting for those tops. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto what Jill said - I am happy to quilt 2 or 3 and/or can provide some backs - let me know what size and color scheme you need.

    ReplyDelete