Sunday, March 4, 2012

Slow but steady progress

Sorry it has been quiet of late - February is a tough month for sewing around our house as we celebrate all three of our birthdays - and inevitably at least one of us, or usually all 3, succumb to winter colds around this time as well.

Despite the germyness and busyness, I can report that SIX quilts are nearing completion and will be ready for delivery in April when I travel to South Carolina.  TWO of those were from completed tops that were sent to me (pictures to follow soon), ONE was a fully completed quilt, and THREE are ones I have made - one from donated blocks, and two from me playing in between assembling 4 patches (with the Lil' Twister ruler I got for my birthday, and attempting a 1600 quilt).  I managed to sandwich AND quilt two this weekend, and am working on bindings now.  There are a few more weeks and weekends before Easter - so I hope to have more to deliver by then...even if it means finishing up bindings in the car on the way there.

People have been asking if I am still accepting blocks -the answer is YES OF COURSE!!!!!  The goal was 4000, and we surpassed that - but I'm planning to keep on going as long as I can...

No comments:

Post a Comment