Thursday, November 17, 2011

A letter from across the sea

I received this letter in the mail today from a quilter in East Souburg, the Netherlands -with these three quilt blocks.

I don't think English is her preferred language for writing, and the lovely European script was a challenge for me to read in spots -but the meaning was clear (I am copying what was written to the best of my ability)

Dear Quilter,
Here is myn 4 patches.
I am a nurse, I work with a lot of cancer patiences.
I know how they feel.


Here are three patches.
One is cotton from a woman with breast cancer
after 4 years fighting she died.
She wear these culture clothes.  A nice old woman.


One is the break's again and again trying to build a new future.
One are the break from near by the beach.
Slippery.
That means after all the chemo cure's they are sick (most of the time.)
After all they get the answer if the cure's are getting on or not.


Any whey I try to give you what I saw.
It's always grey.


Only when you get the good answer YES!


Success with the collection.


Rika

Oh Rika - your patients may be unlucky to have cancer - but I believe they are lucky to have a nurse as caring as you are.   Stories like yours are a big part of why I am doing this project. Thank you so much for reaching across so many miles and across the ocean to share this important reminder.

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful tribute and contribution Rika has sent!
    Keep up the good work, Regina!
    My package is on the way, in the air. Hope you'll receive it soon.
    I have put a link to 4Patches4Hope on my weblog, spreading the word.
    Cheers,

    Jeanneke.
    http://dezondagssteek-jeanneke.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete