Our Progress

Saturday, March 23, 2013

Spring Delivery Time

We are preparing for our trip to SC for Easter -and I've been busy trying to finish up quilts to deliver them while we are down there.  So far of the 7 that have been delivered, 5 were driven down, and 2 were combined in Christmas shipping packages, so I have managed to keep my delivery costs to a minimum.

The latest 5 were finished up this morning and came out of the dryer just in time for the sun to break through the clouds a bit for a photo session.  We've been pretty snowy still, but we had a bit of a thaw today so there are patches of - um - brown showing through the white.  There are some peeks of growth where the tulips and daffodils are - and Mom always said it couldn't be spring until it snowed on the blooming daffodils, so it is not far off.

Made from donated patches -and the first quilt to be dedicated in honor of someone.
One of my favorite fabrics in this quilt (and nearly overall from the donated blocks) - makes me think of Japan.
The back of the dedicated quilt - the two blocks in this backing strip were made by the person who sponsored the quilt.
One of mine - I saw this pattern free online and couldn't get it out of my head, so I made it with some donated fabric.   It is a little busy in person - but photographed really nicely.
Another one of mine - made with leftover bits from a bargello I made as a gift.  The chevron is not as noticeable in this photo as the light fabrics disappeared a bit, but this is very light and springy.
Black and purple donated blocks - I didn't have enough of either color to do a full 14 strips.  This one is more masculine feeling overall.
Another one of mine inspired by a free pattern online.  This one was a good example of the importance of consistent seam allowances... my strips ended up off by quite a bit at the end (hidden by the wind) but it still made a cheery and cozy quilt.
Some of the blocks in the quilt were made by tiny 4 patches - measuring 2.5" - using up lots of little bits in every project.
More to come -just not for this trip.  I am working on sock monkeys now as gifts for family members - so a completely different kind of sewing.

4 comments:

  1. What an amazing job you did , Regina!
    I love each and every quilt you made.
    I am sure they'll be very much appreciated gifts.
    We're longing for Spring, here as well!!
    Blessings,

    Jeanneke.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing a WONDERFUL job. It's fun seeing all the finished quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for picking my card as one your winners from the teddies challenge, it is such an honour.
    Thank you for all your hard work in making the challenge so successful, it's a shame that the challenge is ending but I can totally understand your reasons and wish you all the best.
    Sue xx obat penggugur kandungan

    ReplyDelete